Monday, June 13, 2011

He has passed and I'm changing

I'm not entirely sure where to begin this, I haven't updated for a little while and my last entry spoke of my great grandpa being in the hospital. As you may have suspected by now, he has passed away. He passed away a few days before Memorial day, ironically enough. Ironic in the sense that he was a World War II soldier and Memorial day was to remember those we've lost.
I haven't been in contact with too many people since his death and I have somewhat been avoiding the internet. I haven't been on livejournal for some time and I feel awful for shutting everything away, however, it's what kind of feels right to me. I've been paying more attention to family rather than friends at the moment.

I will  expand on this later, however, I want to talk about my current Pagan path. It has changed, not drastically as I was heading in that direction all along but I've finally stepped onto it. As you might jokingly say "I've joined the dark side."
My path has lead me to the darker side of Paganism. I don't mean this in an evil malicious way of course. Part of this occured when Morrigan came into my life and part of it was already there with Cernunnos. Both of those particular deities are darker deities, they are both connected with death and the underworld, etc. Some may not be aware of this, Morrigan is the more obvious of the two (in my opinion.)
So, anyway, my path is becoming darker but it's very comfortable to me and I'm enjoying it fully.

2 comments:

  1. My condolences. Now that he has passed, he'll begin a new journey. How Blessed & Fortunate you've been to have him in your life. Wishing you Blessings on any Path you so choose, and I hope your Spirit will be lifted after you've gone through your grief. I'll have you in my thoughts & Blessings always, my friend. Blessed Be *)O(*

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm, dark and mysterious, makes sense to me. im curious how this will affect your ADF work. im also getting the impression that your path is shifting around quite frequently, if i may say so. i have a bit of that shiftiness in mine as well, despite the obvious grounding in Norse cosmology, and i found out from Raven that the Powers That Be are patiently waiting or me to figure out the details of my path before certain abilities become fully available to me.

    ReplyDelete