Monday, May 23, 2011

Blood, blood everywhere and not a drop...wait....

 This post is absolutely dedicated to Morrigan and it will become evident right away.

Some of you may have noticed that I haven't updated this blog in a while even though I had been updating at least once a week.
Well, my great grandfather is in the hospital right now. He was having some severe complications and issues, while he is now getting better physically, he is not getting better mentally. He's going through ups and downs right now, one moment he'll be just fine and the next he'll think it's 50 years ago. It's extremely hard on everyone involved of course and I can't imagine what my great grandpa is going through. I have been trying to deal with this, I was already preparing myself for his death when my great grandma (his wife) died when I was in high school. I always thought they would pass within at least a year of each other given how close they were and how incredibly long they had been together/married. However, my great grandpa is a fighter and he doesn't give up or give in so even 6 years after the fact he's just now having issues. My great grandpa is in his 80's, as horrible as it sounds, I can't recall his exact age but my family is fairly young as they typically got married young and had kids right away. Most people may disagree with that but my family has had the best impact on me and my views of marriage, I'm really very lucky in that aspect. I love marriage but of course, I fully respect everyone's opinion on the subject. I personally cannot wait to get married.
Anyway, I'm going way off topic. My great grandpa fought in World War II. I couldn't tell you the specifics of what exactly he did but I do have a few stories to share.
My great grandpa would have died in WWII had my grandma (his daughter) not been born when she was. My grandma was born on June 6th, 1944. For those of you familiar with that date or familiar with history, you already know what that date is. That date is D Day. If you know that day then you know how many lives were lost that day. My great grandma went into labor the day before and because of this, the army allowed my great grandpa to go home to be there for the birth of his daughter. After being in labor for quite some time, my great grandma finally gave birth to my grandma on D Day. My great grandpa was never shipped off to fight on D Day as he had been scheduled to do. Had my grandma not been born when she was, my great grandpa most likely would have died.
My great grandpa ended his army career as a cook because he became so severely injured that, that was all he could do. While on sentry duty one night he stepped into a trap that had been dug out, the details of this are fuzzy so I can't explain, but he fell into a hole and landed on his leg. He stayed in the hole all night, until morning when the next guard came to switch. The other soldier found my great grandpa and carried him 2 miles back to base where he received medical attention. The damage was done, however, and my great grandpa has never been able to walk well since.
I've always looked up to my great grandpa, he's done a lot for the family and has seen so many things. It's going to be extremely hard on me and the rest of the family when he does pass.
He's not going without a fight.

I believe what is going on in my life right now is somehow connected to Morrigan. I can't explain how or why. I had this thought in the back of my mind when my great grandpa first went into the hospital and then a friend of mine brought it up. It's really making me think because I don't know why it's connected to her. All I know is that Morrigan is the goddess of battle, of war, and of warriors (among other things of course.) My great grandpa was a warrior by today's concept of the word. I just find it so ironic that she came into my life not long before my great grandpa went into the hospital.

This weekend another stressful event took place. My dad was outside using a chainsaw to cut up branches to use for the fire pit when the chainsaw bounced off the branch and then kicked back, the saw sliced right into my dad's hand. He came into the house with blood dripping everywhere and said he might need to be taken to the ER. After some debate about whether or not he should go, my mom finally convinced him that he really needed to go. He lost a fair amount of blood.
Let me quickly say that my family is tough, my dad's side of the family in particular, and we all react to accidents like this in a very bizarre way. We usually end up laughing about it and if we can get away with it, we absolutely will not go to the ER. It may sound stupid to some but nothing bad has ever come of this *knocks on wood* and why go to the ER unless you have to?
The only reason my dad didn't lose any fingers is because his wedding band was able to stop the blade from going in further, it actually bounced off his ring and he was able to stop the chainsaw.  To make a long story short, he went to the ER and got stitched up. There's a chunk missing from his wedding band from where the saw started to go through but stopped. I can't help but find that horribly ironic. Something along the lines of "love conquers all." We're laughing about the whole thing now and actually my dad was laughing about it before they even got to the emergency room.
I cleaned up all the blood he had spilled onto the floor of the kitchen, I'm still amazed at how much blood there was. It was everywhere. I'm very proud of how I handled that situation, while I didn't look at his wound when he kept trying to show it to me, I did clean up his blood and ask him if he needed anything. I was very upset once he left for the ER though, I was very worried about him but I knew he would be ok.

A lot has happened over the last couple of weeks and that is why I haven't been on here to say anything even though I do have a lot to say. I need to get back on track and come up with topics on what to talk about. I want this blog to be as organized as possible but I don't foresee that happening, it seems as though Chaos is taking over in my life right now and I really think I'm ok with that. The Phantom Goddess is with me and her presence is not a quiet one but I'm happy.

3 comments:

  1. nice to see another entry. sheesh, lots goin on. have already commented on some of these things of course.
    i like and agree with your proposal of meaning on the ring's conquering power, heh. hmmm.. actually, yes. that ring will have been pumped full of survival-intent from your dad's personality, having worn it so long, and also the connection with his wife will give it person-to-person luck (hamingja), the strength being proportional to his commitment to the marriage; like his wife's will for his well-being flows in the ring. wow, that speaks highly of wedding rings in general.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I send many bright blessings to you and your family & Great-Grampa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're probably still dealing with the recent chaos in yours and your family life, but I just wanted to let you know, I may be little (5' 3" @ 87lbs), but have HUGE, POSITIVE ENERGY & the BRIGHTEST of BLESSINGS going your way, as well as your great Grampa's! My own, two grampas fought in WWII. Both pilots, and both grounded for different medical reasons. One passed 10yrs ago at 81 yrs old. This was my maternal Grampup. Heart issues. Grampa Harvey, faternal, died 20 yrs ago, from Alzheimers. Grampup's wife, passed 7 yrs ago, ironically and also from the latter mentioned disease. Miss them terribly, as you must imagine. I've always had an obsessive interest in WWII and Vietnam wars, because of my family's history. I too, have stories, love letters, photos and keepsakes, passed down to me, of which I'll pass down to my daughter. I mention this "off topic" material, because I too, agree with the ironies you've mentioned, in regard to Morrigan, as well as you Dad's wedding band incident. Like I am famously-known for saying, to my family, friends and most especially my daughter, "EVERYTHING happens for a REASON, and EVERYTHING matters!" YOU are, without doubt, immensely connected to your Goddess Morrigan! Therefore, my sweet friend, you are truly blessed! My thoughts, Friendship & light to you! Blessed Be! May Morrigan always bless and protect you! Looking forward to your future posts, as well as the comments of those of us who follow your interestingly-enlightening blog. Blessings to all! *)O(* Shar

    ReplyDelete