Monday, May 2, 2011

A goddess perhaps?

Recently I have felt a huge pull towards the goddess Morrigan, as well as an odd interest in her. I've had various dreams off and on that include ravens. There are always two of them and they're sitting on bloody ground, they're talking but I can't hear what they're saying. When I wake up from these dreams, I think of Morrigan. I'm not sure why I would think of her immediately, even though I know she is associated with ravens she wouldn't normally be the first deity I would think of when ravens are concerned.
Finally feeling as though I should ask if she is indeed after me, I wanted to ask straight up. First I grabbed for my runes knowing that it's very easy to get "yes" or "no" answers from them. I don't have all the runes memorized so I went to grab for my book about runes and rune magic. It was no where to be found. I took this as I shouldn't use my runes for this or maybe even at all right now.
I turned to my Druidcraft Tarot deck. I knew I could use the same concept with a tarot deck as I was going to use with the runes. You pick three cards (or runes) after shuffling (face down obviously) and lay them out similar to a 3 card "past, present, and future" reading. I turned them over one at a time. Two positive cards and one negative card means yes but there may be underlying negatives. Two negatives and one positive means no but there may be something positive out of it. Obviously three positives mean yes and three negatives mean no.

The first reading gave me all positive cards. The question was "Is Morrigan calling to me?" The cards were: the Ten of Cups (positive), the King of Pentacles (positive), and the Moon (positive).

The fact that the moon came up in this reading really floored me. The moon is usually a goddess in most beliefs so I took this as a sign of a goddess in general and since I was asking about a goddess I took it as a very positive sign.

The second reading gave me all positive cards as well. The question was "Cernunnos, would you be ok with me worshiping Morrigan?" The cards were: The Sun (positive), Queen of Wands (positive), and The Lovers (positive).
The sun is usually a god usually and I took this as meaning Cernunnos, the fact that I had the moon and the sun is a really great sign, especially given the context of the reading. Then the Lovers card. I took this as being able to worship both without fear of upsetting one or the other, working together so to speak. Obviously they are not consorts at all but I think this card is representing peace in a sense with this reading.

So where do I go now? Research and trying to actually connect with Morrigan herself to see if this is truly what she wants. I'm not used to such a subtle sign that a deity should be in my life. If you've read my previous entries about Cernunnos, you'd understand why! I want to make sure she truly is calling to me and that I actually am supposed to worship her before I dive in. I would really rather not offend any gods or goddesses.

2 comments:

  1. Very, very interesting. Sounds like something could really be up, I know you've wanted a Goddess to come rolling around. Hmm funny that I had a couple gods appear in my own dreamtime last night.
    About having the sense of Morrigan even though the dream shouldn't directly suggest that - that is exactly how I felt about the one with Angrbodha. She didn't appear in the dream or anything, it was just a random "feeling" in connection with what I saw and the words that came with it. So that seems like a good sign in you case, to me.
    I recall reading a poem of yours from some time back that included ravens and blood on the ground..

    Also. As I left today to head for the bus stop, I noticed a couple crows flying away. It seemed meaningful and I started walking a different route than I'd come since I had a few extra minutes. Passed a very cool house whose yard seemed to be very wild and full of non-grass plants. And then I found myself led right to the park-ish trail near the school that winds along a stream nearby and ends with a nice bench. I'd seen the end of that trail for years and wanted to know where it went. Was very happy for whomever sent the sign!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say that's a very good sign, good to know I'm not crazy or just trying to pick up on symbols and meanings that aren't there.

    You know, it's funny. When I wrote that poem it was supposed to be a representation about wolves and what they've been through as far as people hunting them and killing them just to cut down on their population and to get their fur, however, I think it turned out to appeal to Morrigan. She's the Goddess of battle, strife, and fertility. So the scene of blood all over the ground and ravens hanging about would really fit her, plus I hear she likes blood offerings.

    That's funny you saw two crows. I've noticed they hang around this area a lot, now I know crow are pretty common around here but I ALWAYS see them when I leave the house. So I take it as a very, very good sign that you saw them.

    ReplyDelete